Dear Friends –
As we bid farewell to 2020 – and not soon enough – we recognize that it has been a difficult year for all of us. However, I prefer to end this tumultuous year by counting the many blessings that continue to shine through so much darkness.
– Our donors and supporters who answered the call and enabled us to get through this uniquely challenging year.
– Our friends, old and new, for their collaborative spirit. Wellfleet S.P.A.T., Wellfleet Rec Department, Common Table at the Fox and Crow, Sailor Beware, Lower Cape Outreach Council, Mass Audubon’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, Lower Cape TV, and our town administration; together we celebrated and strengthened our community.
– The support of the Massachusetts Cultural Council, Senator Cyr, Representative Peake, and Governor Baker in championing recovery funding for the arts and culture sector, along with Cape Cod 5 for their financial support.
– Christopher Ostrom, our Producing Artistic Director, and Nicholas Ward, our Managing Director, who hold our organization together and moving forward.
– Our dedicated Board of Trustees, who generously give their time and expertise in support of the theater.
Through all of this, we are constantly reminded of how truly blessed we are to be a part of the Outer Cape community; a community that supports and values the arts, and cares deeply for its neighbors and institutions. We are proud to support the great work of Lower Cape Outreach Council and Common Table. We are proud to be a member of the Wellfleet Cultural District.
Our team is incredibly excited about our plans for the coming summer. The specter of COVID-19 will be with us for some time, however we are actively pursuing creative way to bring live theater to you and your families that is both entertaining and safe. We remain engaged with state and local officials in developing safe operating guidelines so that our return continues to value the health and safety of our artists and community.
Just like most of you, we will be much stronger on the other side of this – more creative, more resilient, and more appreciative for all the blessing we share.
On behalf of all of us at WHAT, I wish you a Happy New Year filled with joy, good health, and good cheer. And until we gather again – we’re saving a seat for you!